The P30 is the best preamplifier ever developed by Hegel. With its patented technology and hand matched components, the P30 is a confident contender in the race towards being the best pre amplifier in the world. Regardless of price. Despite of what many hifi enthusiasts believe, pre amplifiers are actually one of the most difficult audio components to develop. At the same time it is one of the most important components in a well sounding system. The reason is that the signal strength is very low when entering the pre amplifier, and is therefore very susceptible high frequency noise and distortion elements. The most critical phase in the pre amplifier is the volume regulation, and in the P30 this is a master piece in it self. The physical volume control knob is only used to describe the desired volume output level to the array of Gigahertz MOS-transistors. These direct the music signal through a network of high quality resistors that reduce the signal level.
After the volume control circuit the signal is directed through the amplification circuit. For the first time ever we are using the patented SoundEngine technology in the pre amplifier. Combined with Hegel's use of hand matched FET transistors, this results in unsurpassed levels of musical distortion and noise. In total, the music signal will only pass through 2 transistors and between 1 to 3 resistors on its way through the P30. The sound you hear from the P30 can only be described as organic and very natural. To quote a journalist: "The Hegel sounds so much more natural than my previous reference. And it does so without flashing itself with gold and diamonds".
- The Hegel P30 has 2 pairs of balanced inputs (XLR) and 3 regular unbalanced (RCA). In addition to this it has a Home Theatre input that allow you to integrate it in a Home Theatre system. The P30 also has a 3,5 mm IR-direct input and a 12V trigger output connector. The Hegel P30 is available in both silver and black finish, so it can be matched with both the H30 and H20 power amplifiers.
- Remote control: Volume, source and mute controlled by Hegel RC2
- Inputs: 2 x XLR balanced, 3 x RCA unbalanced and Home Theatre inputs
- Outputs: 1 x XLR balanced and 2 x RCA unbalanced outputs
- Other connections: 3,5mm IR-direct jack, 3,5 mm jack 12V trigger output
- Signal to noise ratio: More than 130 dB balanced mode
- Crosstalk: Less than -100 dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.005 %
- Intermodulation: Less than 0.01% (19kHz+20kHz)
- Dimensions/weight: 8cm x 43cm x 30cm (HxWxD), 10kg
- Dimensions/weight US: 3,2" x 17" x 12" (HxBxD), 22 lbs