High-End Reference CD player. What is lost can never be recovered... This is why the music source is of such big importance. If signals are lost in the reading process it can never be repaired by a good amplifier or a loudspeaker. The process of reading a CD seems quite simple at first, but it requires very precise timing and the weak signal can very easily be distorted. If you get these factors under control you are well on your way to a natural and dynamic sounding system. A system that brings you closer to the performers. The CDP4A is all that. Thanks to the Hegel CD-Drive mechanism with redesigned servo motors and perfectly synchronized timing throughout the digital domain.
We are proud to say that we are one of the very few manufacturers on the market with capability of designing a CD-Player on this level from the ground up. The benefits for you are obvious; a fully integrated design in more durable, and it sounds better. Hegel CDP4A has a digital output that can be used to connect it to a separate D/A-converter, like the HD10. Both our CD-Players are controlled by only two buttons on the front panel, or via the supplied system remote control unit. The 2-button design and our nicely curved front panel even gave us the Norwegian Design Councils "Award for design excellence". It looks good. It sounds natural. It's truly Scandinavian.
The difference between the CDP4A and CDP2A: The CDP4A is using a more advanced audio board than the CDP2A. It has more precise components and a more complex power supply. The CDP4A is using the new and more precise Hegel master clock 2 with an extremely low jitter level. Altogether the CDP4A will have a larger dynamic range, a lower colouration and better analogue outputs than the CDP2A.
- DAC: 24bit 352kHz multilevel DACs with synchronised upsampling
- Jitter level: Less than 10ps
- Analog outputs: RCA Unbalanced and XLR balanced
- Digital output: 75 ohm SPDIF RCA connector
- Frequency response: Less than +/- 0.1dB deviation 20kHz
- Phase response: Linear phase filter
- Noise floor: Less than -130dB
- Crosstalk: Less than -100dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.002%
- Intermodulation: Less than -110dB (19kHz + 20kHz)
- Signal level: 2.3V for balanced and unbalanced outputs
- Dimensions/weight: 8cm x 43cm x 29cm (HxWxD), 10kg
- Dimensions/weight US: 3,2" x 17" x 11,4" (HxBxD), 22 lbs